Re: 16 bit support for scanimage

From: Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 22:29:24 PDT

    Hi Petter,

    I will try to run astyle on it. The options -t and -L are already in use
    by scanimage.
    I would like to follow the other scanimage options, i.e. -d <device> and
    --device-name=DEVICE. Maybe -f <format> and --filetype=<format> is ok ?

    At least the hp-backend supports depths larger than 8 bit.

    --Peter

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > [Peter Kirchgessner]
    > > enclosed is a proposal for 16 bit support for scanimage. It adds the
    > > possibility to save scans as TIFF-files which has both 8 and 16 bit
    > > support. It is not based on libtiff, it is just straightforward.
    > [...]
    > > Any suggestions are welcome. Maybe these changes then can get into
    > > the next official SANE release.
    >
    > I had a look at the patch, and it looks OK. The indentation of
    > stiff.[ch] seem to need indendation-fixes to follow GNU conventions.
    > I suggest running astyle on the source to fix it. :-)
    >
    > I do not think -o is the best option to use for tiff output. Maybe
    > -t, or something like fig2dev's '-L tiff' would be the best way to go.
    > This would make it easier to handle more formats.
    >
    > Which backends support 16 bit output at the moment?
    > --
    > ##> Petter Reinholdtsen <## | pere@td.org.uit.no

    Peter Kirchgessner
    WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net