Re: Sane installation on FreeBSD v3.4 problems

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 08:18:12 PDT

    [Brent Rector]
    > pass1: <AGFA StudioStar 1.80> Fixed Scanner SCSI-CCS device
    [...]
    > But when I attempt to run "scanimage -L" to get a listing of the
    > devices that are available... it returns a null list.

    The first tells you that your SCSI bus is working and that there is a
    scanner device attached to the bus. The second would only list the
    device if it was recognized as supported by one of the backends.

    The AGFA StudioStar is not listed in
    <URL:http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html> and probably not
    supported. Adding support might be as easy as adding the SCSI id
    string to one backend source file, or it might require a lot more.

    Do you know more about the scanner?

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>