Re: scanimage -L crashes SuSE 6.4

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 09:20:04 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 05:47:10PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > Hi Nick, did you already test if that solves the problem?
    > (does setlocale() have to be called AFTER gtk_init() ?)

    1. Yes, I have tested that this solves the problem here at least, the
    wire protocol is then being obeyed as intended and layer opacity is
    set to 100.0 as expected.

    2. I'm not sure, setlocale() must be called after GTK+ locale setup has
    been completed, so that display-specific stuff happens (for X I doubt
    this means anything, but GTK+ is not solely for use with X) but maybe
    it can be *before* gtk_init()...

    It just seems easiest to put it inside the start of the #ifdef with
    the rest of the Gimp-dependent fixes. Turning off LC_NUMERIC localisation
    is a bit of a hack, but most Europeans are used to it by now I think.

    > Thanks for that tips

    np

    Nick.