Re: xscanimage on Gimp

From: Wandered Inn (esoteric@denali.atlnet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 19:39:48 PDT

    Kind of coming into the middle of this, but it appears that you may be
    having the same problem I was having. Mandrake 7.0 here with GIMP 1.0.4
    and sane 1.0.1. I couldn't get GIMP to see my scanner. I upgraded sane
    to 1.0.2-3mdk and my problems disappeared. Apparently the sane 1.0.1
    that comes with Mandrake does not have the gimp support.

    You do want to link /usr/bin/xscanimage to ~/.gimp/plug-ins
    Mandrake apparently puts xscanimage in a different dir then the sane
    docs outline.

    Alvaro Nunes wrote:

    > Hi Steve,
    >
    > I had already tried
    >
    > ln -s /usr/local/bin/xscanimage (your/gimp/home/directory)/.gimp/plug-ins
    >
    > but, as in my system (Mandrake 7.02) xscanimage is in /usr/bin/xscanimage
    >
    > I pointed the link to this. I this correct? If it is, then maybe there is
    > nothing more that I can do, since this way I can see xscanimage on Gimp.
    > BTW, my Gimp is 1.04.
    >
    > If I search for xscanimage I found the file on this locations:
    >
    > /home/alvaro[my user account]/.sane/xscanimage
    > /root/.gimp/plug-ins/xscanimage
    > /root/.sane/xscanimage
    > /usr/bin/xscanimage
    > /usr/lib/gimp/1.0/plug-ins/xscanimage
    >
    > Maybe I should put the link to this last location. But I tried that to
    > without any success.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Alv

    Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric@denali.atlnet.com

    I'm afraid there will be more problems with W2K than there were with Y2K...