Re: scanimage -L crashes SuSE 6.4

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 02:04:17 PDT

    Bernhard Scheffold wrote:

    > I have gotten rid of the crash by going back to sane-1.0.1 :-(
    >
    > So the problem doesn't seem to be in the scsi drivers.

    There seems to be a complex combination of reasons... Yesterday evening,
    I played a little bit with the aha1542 driver, and it seems that the
    driver detects a corrupted scatter-gather list (== fragmented buffer)
    for the SCSI data. The aha1542 works fine, if the maximum required
    buffer size is 32 kB. As soon as the buffer size is increased to 32769
    bytes, I get the kernel crash,

    Therefore, you might try to configure sane-1.0.2 with the option
    --enable-scsibuffersize=32768

    Abel