Re: Agfa 1236S and colour offset

From: Louis van Dompselaar (louis@sitebysite.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 00:41:56 PDT

    > LvD >I'm keen to have a look myself, but it seems that Kevin already
    > LvD >had an idea what needed to be done. From the few scans I've made
    > LvD >with sane the colour offset seems to be always the same, so it
    > LvD >might just be combining the RGB in a different way. I'll have
    > LvD >a look this weekend to see if it's straightforward.
    >
    > Wonderful... Keep us informed. Should it be possible, I would like to
    > help.

    Kevin left a number of clues in the code as to what needs to
    be done. Basically, the RGBRouter needs adapting so that it
    passes the R,G and B channels onto sane with the right offsets.
    According to the changelog, this code was already in the snapscan-310
    source. I only hope the offset really is an integer amount of lines.

    Meanwhile, I found that seperating the channels in gimp, offsetting
    red and blue, and recombining them does the trick as well. I'll try
    to script this into gimp, so I can fiddle around with the offsets
    more easily. I'll make the script available if anyone is interested.

    --
    Louis van Dompselaar                        louis@sitebysite.nl
    Site by Site B.V.     Duivendrechtsekade 85, 1096 AJ  Amsterdam