Re: xsane 0.58 compile

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 09:15:17 PDT

    On Sun, 09 Apr 2000, you wrote:
    > Steve Sheriff wrote:
    >
    > > Hi everyone
    > >
    > > Problems with xsane. The installation file says:
    > >
    > > If you use KDE (kwm), call configure with environment
    > > variable CPPFLAGS set to
    > > "-DXSANE_BUGGY_WINDOWMANAGER_WINDOW_POSITION"
    > >
    > > How do I do this? I have tried export but can't get the syntax.
    >
    > for Linux do:
    >
    > CPPFLAGS="-DXSANE_BUGGY_WINDOWMANAGER_WINDOW_POSITION" ./configure
    >
    > But first try without that, for the newer kde versions you must not set this option.

    Hi Oliver. Hi everyone.

    Nearly there! Have KDE 1.1.2 under SuSE 6.3, glib 1.2.7 and gtk+ 1.2.7.
    Compiled sane 1.0.2 and have xscanimage running. Prefer xsane however if we can
    get the new version. Currently have xsane 0,40. But still can't install xsane
    0,58.

    Tried with and without CPPFLAGS (does CPPFLAGS="" get rid of it?).

    Any ideas? Could I send the output of ./configure for example?

    Thanks, Steve.