Re: sane 1.0.2 tar.gz

From: Steve Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 04:49:03 PDT

    On Sat, 08 Apr 2000, you wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > > I unpacked the tarball and then according to the readme file all I did was
    > > type ./configure
    > >
    > > Is this all I have to do to install it?
    >
    > No, this is for configuration. If you want to build and install SANE you
    > should read the chapters "* Build" and "* Installation and Configuration" in
    > the README, too.
    >
    > Ciao, Henning

    Hi. Thanks

    Did

    ./configure
    make
    make install

    But xscanimage and xsane are no different and I am still getting the error

    [umax] WARNING : Umax scanner Astra 2200 version 2.1 on device /dev/sga is
    currently an unrecognised scanner but enquiry seems OK

    The 1.0.1-4 rpm works fine but I'd like to have the most up to date version
    thats all.

    Oh, and still can only use sane under root.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Steve