Re: Mustek MFC-600S & SCSI(SYM53C810)

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 15:31:14 PST

    > I think the cables are ok. But I'm not sure about the config of the
    > SCSI-bus :
    >
    > += Terminator passiv interne
    > |
    > += SCSI Adapter Tekram DC-310 (Fast-SCSI-2)
    > |
    > | Cable SCSI-2
    > |
    > += Scanner Mustek
    > at this end I have tried with and without active terminator.

    Looks right for me (with the terminator).

    > For the termination of the SCSI bus I have asked 10 persons and know
    > I have 10 different answers :-) Is a termination with a Fast-SCSI-2
    > adapter necessary?

    Yes.

    > Do I take two active terminators, two passive
    > terminators
    > or an active and a passive ?

    I don't think active termination is necessary for fast-SCSI but it won't
    hurt.

    > Is there already a terminator in the
    > scanner

    No.

    > and
    > does the SCSI-adapter automatically active the termination of the bus?

    I don't know. Some SCSI adapters can do this.

    If your problem isn't solved by the driver change (other answer) recheck the
    cable. Does it work with the supplied Mustek card?

    Ciao, Henning