Re: noisy umax astra 2200 and negative

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 08:07:56 PST

    pixel fairy wrote:

    > Oliver Rauch wrote:
    >
    > > In 8/24 bpp the astra 2200 does work.
    > > Are you sure your scsi hardware (cables + termination) is ok?
    > > I just had strange effects after I connected an additional external device.
    > > The cable length made problems.
    > >

    > my card had auto-termination set so i removed the terminator and that seems to
    > have worked.

    Fine.

    > that negative thing only swaps value?

    Yes

    > try also adjusting the blue and green
    > gamma curves, comes out much better. when using the brown kind of negative .(i
    > dont know photo lingo) i dont know the exact algorythm, i was just playing
    > with it cause it was there.

    Use autoenhance (button in xsane main window) to get a good starting position.
    Then change gamma correction to get correct colors (contrast and brightness
    should be ok for the first tests, you should start with gamma).
    If you found good values save the settings (preferences->save device settings)
    and add a name of the negative type you used (eg umax:Astra2200-agfa-100asa-xyz.drc).

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch