Re: Problem with Mustek MFS12000-SP

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 09:50:36 PST

    > I have a DTC3181e card for my Mustek scanner. My kernel recognizes the
    > card
    > but doesn't work because it is blocked.

    This card is supported by Linux (at least 2.2.*). However, I have never
    tried to use the driver compiled into the kernel. Instead I used it as a
    module.

    > I have in my /etc/lilo.conf the line
    >
    > append = "dtc3181e=0x280,3" (interrupt 3 because in my /proc/interrupts
    > the number 3
    > is free).

    I am not sure if you can use the interrupt with Linux. Try
    dtc3181e=0x280,-1 to disable the interrupt.

    > and then it blocks here.

    Perhaps it waits for the interupt to occur which never happens.

    If the above tip doesn't help, compile the driver as module and load it with
    modprobe. The options can be found on the Mustek backend page.

    Ciao, Henning