Re: Error compiling Xsane-0.57

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 12:35:56 PST

    Kurt Savegnago wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been monitoring this group for awhile and have desired to get a
    > scanner for a long time. After reviewing the mostang site, I've
    > decided to get an H-P 6300Cxi scanner. I've been working with
    > sane-1.0.2 on my FIC VA-503+ machine at the office and it builds
    > just fine. I couldn't get 1.0.0 to build but 1.0.2 installed.
    >
    > Now I am in the midst of the error code below when building
    > xsane-0.57. I do not have a scanner yet attached to my machine and
    > no I am not going to use a USB port for the 6300. I'm going to use
    > a SCSI connection. The listing is below:
    >
    > xsane-scan.o: in function `xsane_start-scan`
    > /xsane-0.57/frontend/xsane-scan.c:1864: undefined reference to
    > "gimp_set_
    > resolution
    >
    > Then the machine aborts.

    This happens if your gimp include files do not fit to the gimp-libs.

    Make sure you only have one gimp version installed and that the include files
    are of the same version the libs are.

    > Do I need to have the scanner connected to my machine first before
    > building or is it O.K. to build without one attached?

    No.

    > I do have GIMP 1.0.4 and 1.1.18 installed and functioning. The
    > /.gimp/plug-ins directory is located at /root/.gimp/plug-ins. Since
    > I'm the only one on my machines I've always run as root as I haven't
    > been able to figure out how to change permissions so I can start things
    > like ppp.

    That is the problem, xsane finds the gimp-1.1.x include files but tries
    to link against the 1.0.x lib.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --