Re: [linux-usb] scanner driver

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 15:51:42 PST

    This goes to the whole USB community: I'm maintaining one of the
    SANE backends, which also uses the USB infrastructure. I have now
    received several problem reports that with a newer USB subsystem
    people are experiencing long delays until the SANE driver reports
    a failure to recognize the scanner. I see two problems:

    - Long time until the USB subsystem delivers data (about 2 minutes).
    - Failure to communicate with the scanner.

    Are these known problems?

    Here are two lines from a log.

    Mar 18 15:12:09 gondor kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
    Mar 18 15:12:09 gondor kernel: scanner.c: read_scanner(0): NAK received

    Unfortunately I don't have access to a USB scanner, so if you need
    more information I would have to relay the information from/to the
    user's experiencing these problems.

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net