Re: nikon coolscan III not detected

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 02:47:32 PST

    [John Wright]
    > The hardware is detected during boot. I see both my SCSI zip and
    > Nikon Coolscan detected. My Zip drive works fine in Linux. I'm using
    > Mandrake 6.1. The SCSI card is an AIC7850; came with the scanner.

    Try to turn on debugging to see what is going on:

      % SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128 SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN=128 scanimage -L

    This should print all debug info available from the dll and the
    coolscan backend.

    My initial guess is that the backend do not recognize the SCSI name
    returned from the scanner. The next guess is problems finding the
    SCSI device, but if this is running on Linux, it should work out of
    the box. :-)

    The Gtk error is a result of xscanimage not finding any devices. If
    anyone know why this error message gets printed when this happends,
    and even better - know how to get rid of it, please send us patches.
    It is very confusing for new users. :-)

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no