kernel for SCSI scanner

From: S.P.Sheriff (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 08:16:54 PST

    Hi everyone.

    Am currently using the stock EIDE kernel from SuSE 6.3 and want to get a
    scanner working. Can I use this kernel for an SCSI scanner? If not could I
    use the stock SCSI kernel that comes with 6.3? And evreything else still
    work OK? Without having to compile kernels and modules? Or am I asking too
    much?

    Thanks in advance for any advice you can give and apologies to SANE list
    members since I think that this may be a little off topic.

    Best wishes from Steve at FeF, Spain.