sane & gimp

From: Christian Völker (knebb@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 13:54:32 PST

    Yohoo!

    I've some problems with sane 1.0.2 and gimp 1.0.4

    I compiled both with no special options:
    configure && make && make install
    and created a link in the gimp- plug-in directory:
    ln -s /usr/local/bin/xscanimage xscanimage

    Ok, when I start now xscanimage everything works fine. I can scan and
    preview and so on.

    When I start gimp, everything seems to work fine, too. gimp starts an
    loads every pluig- ins (including xscanimage). The menu shows the "Xtns-
    Acquire Image- device- dialog| hp:/dev/scanner"
    When I want to start xscanimage from within gimp the following message
    appears:

    ** ERROR (recursed) **: could not find handler for message: 36
    aborting...
    gimp terminated: sigpipe caught
    wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)

    Where's the error? What can I do to prevent this error?

    --

    Unn wech... Chrischan

    Origin: Never change a running system!