Re: sane wont scan color stuff!

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 03:20:58 PST

    On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 12:40:11AM -0600, David Cougle wrote:

    > with xscanimage and xsane, with my epson 600c, and latest sane, when i try
    > to scan grey, it does fine, but when i try to scan color, it says...
    > "read error: invalid argument" or
    > "error during read: invalid argument"
    >
    > help?

    Sure... What is the 600c? Can you please kick up the debugging level, try
    a color scan and send me the log file (don't send it to the mailing list).

    export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=128
    xsane > /tmp/xsane.log 2>&1

    After that just try to do a color scan, then attach the file /tmp/xsane.log
    to an email and send it to khk@khk.net.

    ... and be prepared to do some more testing after I fix the code :-)

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net
                                                    http://www.khk.net