Re: xsane-0.57 freezes

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 12:32:04 PST

    lduperval@sprint.ca wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm on a Linux 2.2.x platform. I'm using xsane 0.57 with a Umax 1220s
    > flatbed scanner. I'm using a cheap AHA154x SCSI card. It's slow but it's
    > always worked fine. Except now. I'm using xsane to acquire previews and
    > while it's acquiring, I switch to one of the consoles while it acquires
    > and i've noticed that after two or three "acquires", xsane freezes. I
    > have to kill it with kill -9. Has anyone else seen this?

    I don`t think it is a problem of xsane. When it is a problem of SANE then
    it would be a problem of the umax backend. But the Astra 1220S is known
    to be supported very well.

    Make sure your scsi chain is correct (cable length<300cm (<150cm if an ultra scsi device
    is connected), both ends of the chain terminated!

    Then make sure that disconnect/reconnect of the scsi driver (if available) is disabled!

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch