Questions about include/sane files

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 15:18:04 PST

    I am just trying to understand the sanei files. I have some questions about
    include/sane header files:

    sanei_codec_bin.h and sanei_codec_ascii.h say they are part oft the SANE
    API. Is this correct?

    saneopt.h looks like this:
    [...]
    #define SANE_NAME_SCAN_RESOLUTION "resolution"
    #define SANE_NAME_SCAN_X_RESOLUTION "resolution"
    #define SANE_NAME_SCAN_Y_RESOLUTION "y-resolution"
    [...]
    Shouldn't this be "x-resolution" for the second line?

    A license question. If I understood correctly, the SANE API is public domain
    (sane.h + sane_net.h), the rest should be GPL (+exception for linking).
    Looking at the header files in include/sane some have the GPL (+exception)
    note, some have a pure GPL and some don't mention any sort of license. Is
    this done intensionally or shouldn't all but the API files files have the
    GPL (+exception) License?

    Bye, Henning