Re: Problems with Mustek 12000IIISP

From: Ken Witherow (phantoml@frontiernet.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:54:01 PST

    On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > > I've had SANE working on my current hardware before and recently installed
    > > version 1.0.2. I have a Mustek 12000IIISP connected to a Advansys 940U and
    >
    > Is this a Paragon or a ScanExpress model (or something other)?

    Paragon.

    > > everything shows up fine from the linux SCSI drivers but I can't get SANE
    > > to recongize the device. find-scanners finds it but using scanimage -L
    > > doesn't find anything. Below is the relevant output and attached is the
    > > strace from scanimage -L:
    >
    > Please try again with debugging turned on:
    >
    > export SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=255
    > and then try scanimage and send the full debug output, please.

    Interestingly enough, I found that installing 1.01 allowed the scanner to
    work again. I upgraded to 1.02 on top of that (rather than the previous
    clean install) and it works properly.

    [root@krw sane-1.0.2]# frontend/scanimage -L
    [sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of mustek to 255.
    [mustek] attach: opening /dev/scanner as scsi device
    [mustek] attach: sending INQUIRY
    [mustek] scsi_wait_ready: sending TEST_UNIT_READY
    [mustek] attach: firmware revision 1.01
    [mustek] attach: found Mustek scanner model C06 S12IDW (flatbed scanner),
    1-pass, SE
    device `mustek:/dev/scanner' is a Mustek C06 S12IDW flatbed scanner

    --
    Ken Witherow ICQ: 21840670 <phantoml@frontiernet.net>
    http://www.frontiernet.net/~phantoml