sane and devices

From: Christian Völker (knebb@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 10:17:03 PST

    Yohoo!

    First of all, I'm not a develloper, but I've serious problems with sane.

    S.A.N.E 1.0.1
    It has been compiled and installed on a Linux 2.2.13 Kernel without any
    non-standard options.
    My Scanner (HP Scanjet IIcx SCSI)is attached to my /dev/sg7 an is linked
    to /dev/scanner. The permissions on /dev/sg7 are set to rw-rw-rw-
    An "scanimage /dev/scanner>test.pbm" works fine.
    Even if I start "xscanimage /dev/scanner" nothing works. I'll get an
    pop-up "No such device" and an error: "Gtk critical..."

    How can I get it running?

    --

    Unn wech....

    Chrischan

    * Origin: Never change a running system!