Re: UMAX 2200 (SU)

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 13:24:23 PST

    Frédéric VIGIER wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to buy a new scan, the one I already have is OK wor windows, not
    > for Linux (Relisys scorpio).
    >
    > I'd like to buy an UMAX 2200 (SU), do anybody here have one, and can use
    > it ?
    > Does it works well ?
    > Is it a good idear to buy this model ?

    Hi,

    the Astra 2200 (SU) is supported via SCSI.
    TheUSB-connection is not supported.

    If you do not have an scsi controller that is supported by linux you will have to buy
    one. If a PCI card comes with the scanner it is not supported. If an ISA card
    is delivered with the scanner you could use it, but it is a very bad card.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch