Re: Missing mustek backend maintainer, got patches?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henningmg@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 13:23:07 PST

    > I'm sure you can do more then me. :-)
    >
    > Would you take over maintaining the Mustek backend, please?

    OK, I will do it. If anybody of the old maintainers want to take over again,
    don't hesitate to mail me or the list. If anybody else wants to do the job
    or help, please contact me. I will need some time to really understand the
    Mustek backend (especially the SCSI parts). If there is some documentation
    about Mustek scanners (supported or not) I would like to know about this.

    > Here are the patch from Joachim Ansorg to add support for Mustek
    > ScanExpress 12000SP Plus. Could you integrate it with your patch?

    I will do so. I will change my web page (http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/) in
    some days to a Mustek Backend web page (until now it's only about the Mustek
    600 II N).

    > I decided to let the Mustek problem wait until after 1.0.2 is
    > released. That means I will not check in the mustek patches before
    > code freeze.

    I think this is OK. My patch isn't widely tested (or to be more specific
    there is not much feedback until now).

    > The best solution is for all mustek users out there to be able to
    > agree on one maintainer of the backend. Then I don't have to guess
    > which patches to include, and which to refuse.

    Me too.

    Bye, Henning