microtek X6EL

From: Brian Green (green@rhythm.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 09:07:51 PST

    I recently acquired a microtek X6EL scanner and
    installed the sane-1.0.1 package.

    The command:

    scanimage -d microtek2:/dev/scanner -h

    seems to get the correct information about the scanner.

    find_scanner seems to find the scanner just fine.

    But...
    scanimage -d microtek2:/dev/scanner -T
    seems to write out correct information,
    the scanner then makes some slow strange
    sounds and then the program hangs.
    I can then hit Ctrl-C to stop the program -
    but I must turn the scanner off to get the
    prompt back. More interestingly, if I turn the
    scanner off, then back on without hitting
    ctrl-C first, the scan bar ( is that the correct term? )
    travels from the bottom to the top and then seems
    to get stuck there.

    I'm using a RedHat 6.1 on an Intel system.
    My scsi card is a tekram DC390. The scanner
    is the only device on the scsi chain.

    Any ideas on how to figure out what's going wrong?

    thanks,

    --
    Brian J. Green
    Rhythm & Hues Studios Inc.