Epson GT-7000 + TPU works fine now but ...

From: Lars Burgstahler (burgstahler@ind.uni-stuttgart.de)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 23:58:13 PST

    there is one thing that I like to propose: Using xsane, the first time I tried
    to scan with the TPU, I still got this one selector on "flatbed". When I
    scanned, this didn't work ("invalid parameters" error). Ok, I switched to
    "transparency unit". But I couldn't scan anymore. xsane froze. I.e. once you
    made an error, there's no way back, you have to restart xsane.
    I don't know, where the bug is. Is it xsane or the Epson backend. Could
    somebody please check this?

    Then I want to thank those, who told me that it's possible to run the TPU and
    how. My mistake was that SuSE 6.3 installed the sane libraries in
    /usr/lib/sane. So when I got the CVS tree and compiled it successfully, it was
    installed in /usr/local/lib/sane. But xsane took the /usr/lib/sane libraries
    and I only discovered the error, when some error messages appeared in debug
    mode, that weren't in the source files of my new sane.
    Anyway, it works very fine now.

    lars

    --
    Lars Burgstahler
    Institute of Communication Networks and Computer Engineering