Mustek Paragon 1200SP/MFS-12000SP Rev. 1.07: dropped/extra lines in Scan

From: Michael Prechtl (michael@prechtl.org)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 08:16:17 PST

    I have some problems with my Scanner which seem similar to some mentioned on
    this list, but not exactly the same. I would be grateful for some advice.

    First of all, some details of my hardware:

    cat /proc/scsi/scsi yields:

    Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
      Vendor: SCANNER Model: Rev: 1.07
      Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS

    The scanner bears "1200SP" on the front, "MFS-12000SP" on the rear side.

    I am Using SuSE 6.3 on a P233 system. I have an Adaptec 2940 with
    disconnect and init_sync disabled for the scanner.

    My problem consists in dropped (missing) lines in grayscale mode and extra
    lines in colour mode. It only appears at resolutions above roughly 75 dpi
    (Color) and worsens with increasing witdth of the scanning area.

    Wait, I just checked again, but for the moment the dropped lines in grayscale
    mode seem to have disappeared. Maybe a timing problem. The color mode problem
    is still there.

    I am using sane-1.0.1-32 as from the suse distribution.

    In this mailing list I found several other problems occurring at higher
    resolutions and with increasing width of the scanning area. Is there possibly a
    patch which might fit to my problem ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Michael

    --
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Michael Prechtl

    Telefon +49 -(0)6806 - 608002 Telefax +49 -(0)6806 - 609791

    michael@prechtl.org http://www.prechtl.org