Re: HP ScanJet 3C...it's working now

From: David Cantrell (david@slackware.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 19:15:04 PST

    It turned out to be a termination setting on the scanner. I bought the
    scanner on eBay and it did not come with the manual. The termination switch
    has two settings indicated by a plus sign and a dot. I'm not really new to
    SCSI and have never seen a termination switch indicated this way. Anyways,
    I moved it from the dot to the plus and it started working perfectly. :)

    So, I can safely say that, "This scanner was set to evil."

    (Someone catch the reference there. :)

       David Cantrell | david@slackware.com