Re: Epson GT-6000

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 01:23:45 PST

    >I have an old Epson GT-6000 parallell port scanner. From what I have
    >read in the archives and on the SANE websites it appears that this
    >should work with SANE.
    >
    >Unfortunately I can't find any information on how to set this up,
    >except a very vague mention that I should replace something with the
    >IO port of the scanner interface. There is no mention of what the
    >/dev/scanner device should be, nor where this information should be
    >placed.

    As I understand it in sane.conf where you would put /dev/scanner
    or whatever the device the scanner is hanging off you should put
    the port number of the parallel port the scanner is on. Hence if
    it is on parallel port one you would put 0x387, and 0x287 for
    parallel port two.

    >Does any documentation on how to set SANE up for this type of scanner
    >exist? The docs I've found so far all assume that I've already managed
    >to set up the scanner so that SANE will find it; I find very little
    >material on how to make this happen.

    In short no. If you get it working write it up and I will put a link
    on my parallel port scanners page.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195