Re: RPM build file

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 18:28:04 PST

    [Dave Hill]
    > I have an RPM build file to build sane if anyone is interested in
    > adding it to the CVS for me.

    Sounds good to me. Post the file and the patch to the list so we can
    have a look at it.

    Will you be building RPMs when the new release is done?

    > It requires a simple patch to the Makefile.in files to allow a
    > variable $(DESTDIR) to be prepended to all the install paths whilst
    > building the binary RPM.

    I believe the normal GNU autoconf name for this variable is $(prefix).

    > It will also need the version number updating whenever the main
    > version number changes. Is there some automated way that this is
    > done when a release is done (i.e. at the same time that configure.in
    > is updated)?

    This should be possible with a simple autoconf search-n-replace.

    > Of course the trick is that you need to extract the RPM build file
    > from the tar.gz file to be able to build it, unless it is just added
    > to th FTP site separately.

    I guess it should be both places. :-)

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>