Re: xsane-0.57 available --- please try

From: Máro Rui P. F. N. Costa (mrcosta@fe.up.pt)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 08:50:18 PST

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > xsane-0.57 is available.
    > >
    > > I think it will work with the snapscan backend and other backends that had problems.
    > >

    > Did someone test xsane-0.57 with one of the following backends
    > (I did not get a response if these backends do work proper with xsane):
    >
    > sane-abaton
    > sane-agfafocus
    > sane-apple
    > sane-dc210
    > sane-dc25
    > sane-dmc
    > sane-m3096g
    > sane-pint
    > sane-plustek
    > sane-qcam
    > sane-ricoh
    > sane-sagitta
    > sane-snapscan
    > sane-st400
    > sane-s9036
    > sane-sp15c
    >
    > Bye
    > Oliver
    >
    > --
    > Homepage: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch
    > sane-umax: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-umax.html
    > xsane: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-xsane.html
    > E-Mail: mailto:Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE

    I've just tried xsane-0.57 with an Agfa Snapscan 600. Works fine with grey, lineart and
    colour up to 300
    dpi. With colour+600 dpi, scanning more than a few cm2 (around 4 MB data) will freeze
    xsane after sacnning a bit.
    Power cycling the scanner and restarting xsane will get things back to life.
    I would say this is not unexpected seen the present state of snapscan backend, but it is
    not so bad anyway...
    Xsane /Sane are great and I would like to thank the authors and everyone involved in
    testing and improving them.
    Greetings
    Mário R. Costa