Re: backend fork/reader-process <-> sane_read

From: Mentore Siesto (s135989@studenti.ing.unipi.it)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 01:42:13 PST

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Yuri Dario wrote:

    YD >>wait until data is available.
    YD >>If this works like I expect we do not need any fork or thread.
    YD >
    YD >that's will be nice: fork() is not the best solution for OS/2, and my
    YD >threads implementation is not perfect.

    Effectively sounds really interesting. I agree with Oliver in thinking
    this solution whould go into sanei, too.
    Using shared memory seems not to be a good solution, in that it forces to
    use more than one solution on systems which do not support shared memoory
    (AFAIK this is not an OS/2 problem...).

    --
    Mentore Siesto
    Team OS/2 Italia