USB scanners under Sane/Linux

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 03:39:37 PST

    I have written a USB version of my parallel port scanners under Linux.
    Basically it is a list of all the different models of USB scanners that
    I could find for sale in the United Kingdom. I have added to this a
    short description of the status of their support under Linux/Sane. Where
    possible I have added links to homepages etc. The information has been
    compiled from postings to linux-usb and sane-devel over the last few months.

    The list is by no means comprehensive, but it does provide a useful reference
    point for anyone with a USB scanner or looking to by a USB scanner for
    use under Linux. The page can be seen at

        http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

    However don't bother to contact me to ask if a particular scanner is
    supported as I will simply ignore it.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195