Re: UMAX S6E color scan

From: David Lindgren (dave@thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 09:13:20 PST

    Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE) wrote:
    > David Lindgren wrote:
    >

    > > I have a Vista-S6E hanging off the back of my Linux box.
    > >
    > > Yes, no problems. Scan quality is pretty poor, but I just put that
    > > down to the quality of the scanner rather than the software driving
    > > it.
    >
    > Do you have any color effects (green scans) - not in preview, only in scan?!

    Yeah. Unfortunately, I have loaned my scanner's SCSI cable to
    someone, so I can't run it up now, but there is a selection box near
    the bottom of the xscanimage window (not the preview window) that has
    four selections. They are something like "average line and invert",
    "average over whole image and invert", "average over line" and
    "average over image". As I say, I can't try it now, so those may
    slightly wrong. I find that when doing colour (sorry about spelling
    --- I'm English :-) scans, if I use either of the two "invert"
    options, the scan comes out with a green/yellow cast.

    Since I wasn't sure that this /wasn't/ supposed to happen, I assumed
    that this was a feature, and simply made sure to use the non-inverting
    ones when scanning colour images.

    If you require more info, I'll try it all out at the start of next
    week when I get my cable back.

    Dave

    --
    email: dave@kites.org.uk