Re: Epson scanner support

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 11:04:21 PST

    Johan Bengtsson <johanb@lls.se> said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > The list of supported Epson scanners at the SANE homepage doesn't
    seem to be up
    > to date. It think it only lists GT-5500 and GT-7000, but I've seen
    people
    > mention on the list that other Epson scanners work as well, like the
    1200
    > Perfection...

    That's correct, and this will change as soon as the next official
    version of Sane is released. You can use the 1.01 version and
    scan with e.g. the Perfection 1200, however it will not use all
    the functions of your scanner. If you download the CVS snapshot
    you will get the latest version of the backend, which has support
    for the Perfection1200S and also the USB versions of the 636 and
    1200... And once I finish the documentation you even will know
    how to use the USB version :-)

    Karl Heinz