Re: SCSI Cable

From: genkin@canada.com
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 04:55:01 PST

    Tom Napolitano <tomnap@bersama.net> writes:

    > I'm not sure why you say this, but you must have a reason. I've
    > been > using Adaptec SCSI controllers on my machines since 1988
    > or so and that's > one of their niceties, just toss on a device,
    > disks, tape, scanners, cdrom, > and they get recognized. Modulo
    > setting the device numbers and terminators > of course. I'm
    > curious about why you would have these bad experiences.

    I have a Tekram DC-390F UW scsi card, and one thing I cannot do is
    burn a CD and scan at the same time. Also, note that the original
    poster wanted to connect the scanner with a 6 foot cable. This would
    be already pushing it to the limits of the UW specification,
    effectively limiting him of the number of other devices that may be
    connected to the card.

    That's why I think that, rather than spending $50 for a cable, it's
    better to get a separate SCSI-[12] controller instead. ;^)

    --
    Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.