Re: OCR software

From: Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 05:26:24 PST

    On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > There was talk earlier about OCR programs for Unix. I came across
    > these links which might give some workable program. I have not tested
    > any of them.

    Are any of them actually active though? When I looked into this some
    months ago there didn't seem to be any OCR activity at all.. :-(

    The GNU task list has listed an OCR program as something that is needed
    for quite a long time, and I would really love to be able to use a _free_
    OCR program.

    Tim.
    */