temporary mailing problems

From: David Mosberger-Tang (David.Mosberger@acm.org)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 08:15:08 PST

    There was a problem with the mailing list for about 12 hours or so
    starting Sunday Feb 6th around 11pm PST. If you sent mail to the list
    during that time, it may have been dropped. In such a case, I'd like
    to suggest to wait for another day or so and if it doesn't show up on
    the list, re-send.

    The problem was due to upgrading the mailer machine to a newer distro
    and there being a subtle security policy change in sendmail. I apologize
    for any inconvenience this might have caused.

    Thanks,

            --david