Re: lunatic listserver

From: Doug Alcorn (doug@lathi.net)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 15:46:33 PST

    Klaus Espenlaub <espenlaub@informatik.uni-ulm.de> writes:

    > Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
    > >
    > > No, you are not the only one, this happens every few
    > > weeks (days?).
    >
    > It's really getting worse and worse. I get dozens of duplicate messages
    > (some even three times). I sent a polite message (really!) to
    > postmaster@mail.rdc1.sfba.home.com, which seems to be the source of the
    > problem. All other mail hosts before and after that one process their
    > mail in a timely fashion (at most a few minutes delay).
    >
    > We'll see if they fix the cause or the symptoms.
    >
    > I really wouldn't like to unsubscribe just because some ISP has trouble
    > managing his mail server.
    >
    > CC'd to David Mosberger-Tang, because he's the one who pays the bill.
    >
    > Klaus

    If satisfaction continues to be low, I can host a mailing list on my
    box for no charge. I maintain a handfull of mailing lists. Config is
    Linux kernel 2.2.14, sendmail 8.9.3, majordomo 1.94.4 (although I am
    looking at other list servers).

    --
     (__)  Doug Alcorn          | program == list of computer instructions
     oo /  doug@lathi.net       | firmware == program that is not user modifiable