Re: Possible odd coincidence? (was Re: Problem compiling sane-1.0.1 frontend...)

From: David Lindgren (dave@thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 15:59:11 PST

    Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net) wrote:
    > If you don't want to wait until the new stable version you
    > can safely modify all instances of GIMP_EXTENSION in xscanimage
    > to something else.

    Yes, that's exactly what I had it in mind to do. I just wanted to
    check first that the two were not supposed to be interlinked. thanks
    for the information. Out of interest, what constant name is used
    instead of GIMP_EXTENSION in the development version and would I be
    best just grabbing the development version rather than continuing with
    the 1.0.1 version. I think what I am asking is, how stable is the dev
    version (yeah, I know normal disclaimers apply, but if it is half as
    stable as the GIMP dev version then I'm more than happy to give it a
    go)?

    Thanks for the help

    Dave