Re: CVS build fails: backend/m3096g-scsi.h & backend/sp15c-scsi.h

From: Randolph Bentson (bentson@grieg.holmsjoen.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 14:42:28 PST

    John Vickers wrote:

    > What is an sp15c or an m3096, anyway ???

    These are drivers for two different Fujitsu scanners (as is clearly
    described in the associated documentation).

    > It seems like m3096g-scsi.h & sp15c-scsi.h define `lint_catcher' in
    > conflicting ways. m3096g.c & sp15c.c seem to be the only compilation
    > units which use this identifer.

    I created the lint_catcher to reduce compiler complaints about
    defined, but unused structures to a single complaint. The
    structures are defined for commands which aren't implemented.

    > I don't know if this is what was intended, but I made `lint_catcher'
    > static in both places.

    John is correct in pointing that defining them static will pull
    them out of the external symbol table. Good catch--my compiler
    didn't complain.

    > This made the build run to completion, anyway. Anyone want to check
    > this in ?

    I've made the change to my source, but I don't have access to the
    CVS tree either. I hope someone will check in the proposed changes

    Randolph Bentson
    embarassed author of sp15c and m3096g