Feedback from Epson Users Requested (... and USB Support Announcement)

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 19:30:24 PST

    Hi everybody,

    I'm looking for some feedback (1) regarding the Epson backend
    and I'm also looking for some more USB users (2).

    1) I've received a problem report about the backend reconizing
       an Epson scanner, even if no scanner is connected to the system.
       I've not been able to reproduce this here with my system, and
       the code looks correct. If you've seen this happen, could you
       please get in touch with me.

    2) Since a few weeks the Epson backend is working with the USB
       scanners as well. This is not yet thoroughly tested, so I'm
       looking for more USB users. If you have a Perfection 6356U
       or a 1200U, then just give it a try. You need a recent USB
       subsystem for this (the 2.2.39 backport will do), then create
       the scanner device and put this device name into the epson.conf
       file. If you have more questions, just send me a short note.

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net
                                                    http://www.khk.net