installing Xsane

From: Peter Ilott (maillist@ilott.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 08:20:07 PST

    I am trying to install Xsane. The configure will not see sane.h.

    checking for libgimp/gimpfeatures.h... yes
    checking for png.h... yes
    checking for png_create_info_struct in -lpng... yes
    checking for sane/sane.h... no
    ERROR: SANE is needed for compiling xsane
         - if you installed SANE as rpm make sure you also included
           sane-devel
         - if SANE is installed, try ./configure -enable-intl-patch

    It is in /usr/local/include/sane.

    I tried --enable-intl-patch (also -enable-intl-patch), no good.

    I tried putting various versions of the path in /etcld.so.conf and running
    ldconfig, no good.

    I tried to decifer the code to try to force it to see sane.h, but not sure of
    what to do. Can anyone help me through this ? I have never been able to use
    xsane !!!! IT LOOKS SOOO GOOD !!!

    Peter Ilott
    maillist@ilott.com