Documentation updates?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 03:38:15 PST

    Before we release a new version, I think a few documents should be
    updated.

    The valid return values for sane_init() are unspecified. This was
    discussed in april (thread "May sane_init fail?"), where the problem
    was left unsolved. My proposal to require sane_init to return
    SANE_STATUS_GOOD before the backend could be used (this is how the dll
    backend works) was not accepted.

    How to handle Automatic Document Feeders (ADF) is not documented.
    This is now handled by some backends and both scanimage and xsane, but
    as far as I know, the details are not written down anywhere.

    Are there more topics that need to be resolved?

    There should also be a new chapter in the documentation with
    information on the sanei API. As far as I know, there exist no
    documentation on this API.

    The SANE Mustek 600 III EP Plus backend will need to be rewritten to
    use the sanei_pio API before I will accept it into the distribution.
    The author did not know about the sanei_pio API, and used Linux's
    ioperm() instead. I believe more documentation would have avoided
    this.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>