Re: forwarded message from Karl Heinz Kremer

From: abel deuring (a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 14:20:21 PST

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > [David Mosberger-Tang]
    > > Could someone consider this for inclusion in the CVS tree?
    >
    > I had a look at it, reformatted it to be consistent with current style
    > and rewrote the for loop to make sure non-batch mode still works.
    > Could someone please verify that the new patch work? I don't have a
    > scanner to test with. :-(
    >
    > I guess the batch mode should have a way to limit the number of scans.
    > If it is used on the video4linux backend, the flow of images will
    > never stop... :-)

    Another wish: It would be fine to have the initial file count and the
    increment of the file count selectable. This would it make possible to
    get convenient file numbers, if one scans first the front side of some
    pages, and then the back side.

    While playing with the batch mode for the Sharp JX250, I discovered a
    minor problem: When the ADF gets empty, scanimage detects this after
    opening a new output file from the return code of scan_it(). This means
    that an empty file created as the last output file in batch mode -- a
    little bit inconvenient for further processing.

    I put a small change of scanimage to the CVS tree which fixes this: if
    scan_it does not return SANE_STATUS_GOOD or SANE_STAUTUS_EOF in batch
    mode (i.e., ends the scan loop), the output file is deleted.

    Abel