Re: Semi OT: SCSI termination question

From: jes@presto.med.upenn.edu
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 20:57:22 PST

    > Is this a PCI machine? I once tried this with my old and up to that
    > point very trustworthy 1542, only to learn that PCI and some ISA
    > busmastering cards don't mix well.

    I'm running a 1542 in a PCI system with no problems. I don't have any
    hard drives on it, only my CDROM and a Zip drive.

    I just ran a couple of scans while copying a cdrom full of stuff to
    /dev/null and it went off without a hitch.

    The scanner is a Microtek X6el (aic7xxx; microtek2:/dev/sgc). Sane is
    working well with this setup, BTW. The only problems I've run into
    are when I cancel a scan or preview. The cancel takes effect, but
    xscanimage becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it before I can
    scan again. Same thing if I scan at a depth not supported by my X
    server (12 bit gray, e.g.).

    All told though, I'm very happy with it. Now if I could just figure
    out how to get the aic7xxx module to load automatically...

    <Joe