Re: Epson 1200S: "[epson] ident failed"

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 18:08:51 PST

    On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 09:43:39AM +0000, John Vickers wrote:
    > If I then do:
    > /usr/local/bin/scanimage -v --device epson:/dev/scanner -T
    > that also PASSes (scanner whirrs, etc), but only the first time I try it.

    ... that's a known problem. You can only do this once and then you have to
    reset the scanner. I don't have an idea yet why, but this is on my list
    of things to work out. It's no real problem, because it only happens
    when you use the -T switch, the "normal" scanning works just fine (at
    least for me).

    [ ... ]

    > Epson's internal termination disabled; Sun active terminator
    > installed in Epson.

    Any reason why you are not using the internal termination?

    What happens if you just try to scan using either scanimage,
    xsane or xscanimage? From what I read in your post the only
    thing that does not work is the second invocation of scanimage -T.
    Is this correct?

    Karl Heinz

    --
    Karl Heinz Kremer                                      khk@khk.net