Problems with Mustek 6000CX & IRIX 6.5

From: Modec@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 17:06:18 PST

    I just downloaded SANE v1.00 to my SGI O2 (IRIX 6.5.4) as a binary from SGI.
    I have everything configured I think....

    scanning images in gray works okay (except when scanning speed is set to
    anything above normal.

    Color scans are a different thing. (this only happens at res. above 18)
    The scanner scans the red channel, returns to
    home, then stops and stays (for a long time).
    The system reports that the CPU is waiting for some i/o.
    I have waited for whatever i/o needed to be done (for way too long), and
    after about 10
    minutes the scan completes.
    The scanner does complete the color preveiw in xscanimage as would be expected

    I beleive that the problem is that scanimage is recognizing my Mustek
    MFS-6000CX
    as an MFS-06000CZ

    I dont have any man pages around to browse (SGI didn't include any)
    I'd recomplie SANE, but gcc dosent want to work.

    Thanks for any help!!
    Highly appreciated!