Re: Lineart, xsane, and microtek backend

From: genkin@canada.com
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 21:43:23 PST

    bernd@aquila.muc.de (Bernd Schroeder) writes:

    > It is FW dependant. X6s with FW version of 1.40 or above do not
    > directly support the lineart mode. You will have to download a newer
    > version of the backend from ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2 .

    Bah! And I thought that a newer firmware is a good thing! So I was
    right that the X6 with FW 1.0 did scan in lineart (before it broke
    down).

    > The newer versions of the backend perform a grayscale scan if
    > lineart mode is not supported and map the colour values to 0 or 1
    > according to the threshold value.

    Thanks! I downloaded it. Will the quality/speed suffer because of such
    software-emulated lineart?

    Now if I could only make sane compile with the development Gimp. ;^)

    --
    Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
    "'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who