Re: xsane-0.5 resolution selector gone

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 08:08:22 PST

    Harald Kirsch wrote:

    > Just installed xsane-0.50 and now wonder where the resolution
    > selection button is. In Preferences I find `Show resolution list'
    > but all it does is print the message
    >
    > scansource_selection: unknown type 0
    >
    > on the console. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Scanner is agfa snapscan 1236s with adaptec 1505 on Linux libc-2.1.2,
    > sane-1.0.1, libgtk.so.1.0.6.

    There is a little trouble between xsane/xscanimage and the snapscan backend.

    You can solve this by editing the source of the snapscan backend:

    sane-*/backend/snapscan.c
    search for: sane_get_option_descriptor (about line 1180)
    and change the following "if" comparison

        if (n < NUM_OPTS)

    to:

        if ((n>=0) && (n < NUM_OPTS))

    bye