To Kevin Charter (SnapScan Backend)

From: Mentore #cat# Siesto (s135989@studenti.ing.unipi.it)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 00:53:32 PST

    Hi Kevin,

    First of all, everyone else please excuse me for posting into the ML. I
    don't have the right email address for Kevin.
    I recently bought an Agfa SnapScan 1236 SCSI scanner. I think it's
    a good piece of hardware, but... I can't use it for now. In fact,
    I can't install Linux until I'll get a new distribution, so I tried
    to install the Windows 3.1 software drivers (I use OS/2 with the
    WIN-OS/2 environment included), but everything failed. So, my only
    hope is SANE, and that's why I'm writing to you.
    Due to a firewall installed in my laboratory I can't go to the
    website in which you keep your Snapscan backend, and so, would you be
    so kind to send me the latest source via email?
    Also, sorry for disturbing you, but I think you'll understand that's
    really important for me.

    Another question: did you try the windows scanning software bundled
    with the snapscan?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mentore Siesto (Team OS/2 Italy)

    PS: I installed WIN-OS/2 only for the Snapscan drivers... I think I'll
    delete it really soon, and finally return to be M$ free :-)